Suggest remedies for pain in the anus cause by constipation

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello doc, I am feeling very painful in anus during the toilet. Is it because of some food I am taking?? the first poop coming out is very hard. I think there is tear of skin has happened because only morning time it is happening and after 2-3 hours everything is normal. Before 3 days blood was also coming from the skin but today only a little blood was there. Earlier I was never have this issue but poop is also very hard now days. Water consumption could be a issue in this case?? If I am avoiding toilet for 24 hrs than the everything is normal. I did this one time. Can you suggest some food or fruit to narmalize this??
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely hemorrhoid due to severe constipation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.

I've gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.

Most likely you are having hemorrhoids, which are inflamed veins in the anus or rectum. Irritation to these veins can make you feel burning and pain during bowel movements.

Firstly you have to initially take medications along with life style and food changes for few days.
Just taking food won’ help.

Firstly I would suggest you plan a visit to a general surgeon and get a proctoscopy and digital examination of rectum done to rule out hemorrhoids as a cause of the problem.

Management:
Three types of managements are there
1)Conservative
2)Non invasive
3)Invasive surgical

Initially we start with conservative management for at least 3 months-
Suggestion for conservative management are-

Start taking Syp. Lactulose 10-15ml once daily before going to bed. It is one of the most frequently used laxatives, tolerated very well by patients in long terms with minimal side effects. Using laxative would prevent straining while defecating.It would relieve constipation and would help you in proper and strainless defecation.

-Secondly, start usingRuticool a combination containing contains Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine, and Zinc.) locally over the prolapsed hemorrhoids.

Thirdly, request your gastroenterologist to prescribe you with oral Calcium Dobesilate-Doxium therapy for 3 months. Initially twice daily for 21 days followed by once daily for 10 weeks. Trials have shown that 3-month therapy can cause shrinkage of Hemorrhoids in almost 60% cases.It was demonstrated that calcium dobesilate decreased capillary permeability, inhibited platelet aggregation and improved blood viscosity; thus resulting in reduction of tissue edema.
Add Metamucil/Fybrogel to your regimen. It's a natural laxative containing husk. It absorbs water from the intestine and swells up making passage of stool easy and add bulk to stool.Take it 2 tsf twice daily with half cup of XXXXXXX warm milk. going to the washroom in morning.
Taking Sitz bath will help.
Fourthly treat Oatmeal Tea: When constipation is severe, this remedy is the best. Oatmeal is fibrous, Honey is healing and moisturizing, and Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent which soothes the stomach. Together, they can cure severe constipation. So, take a cup of water and add three teaspoons of oatmeal, a Chamomile tea bag and two teaspoons of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day if your problem is severe.
Lemon: Lemon contains citric acid, which has the ability to stimulate the function of digestion in your body. The action of lemon on your digestive system enables it to get rid of the toxins and undigested material that generally accumulates on the colon's (the last part of your small intestine) walls, giving rise to constipation as a result. Collect the juice of 1 lemon in a cup by squeezing it. Fill the rest of the cup with warm water. Drink it every morning.

Some other ways to avoid constipation are-
-Linseed: is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation. One teaspoon of linseed with warm water should be taken at night for bulk and lubrication.
-Proper chewing: The diet alone is not enough. Food should be properly chewed-each morsel for at least 20 times.
-Taking a short walk is a good way to get some light exercise. Walking time should be gradually increased until it reaches 20 minutes.

- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine is also important as these substances contribute to dehydration.
-Use fish oil and castor oil-Fish oil is believed to encourage healthy digestion and castor oil produces a laxative effect when ingested
-Fruits and vegetables, which contain high amounts of fiber, aid in alleviating symptoms of constipation,Whole-grain bread, XXXXXXX oatmeal, beans and lentils can also relieve the problem so use it Instead of highly processed rice, eat brown rice, millet or bulgur.
-Eat 2 cups of fruit 3 cups of vegetables and about 35 grams of fiber per day
fruits: Generally all fruits, except banana and XXXXXXX fruit, are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels.
Grapes: have also proved highly beneficial in overcoming constipation. The grapes have the cellulose; natural sugar and organic acid make them a natural laxative fruit. Not only they clean the bowel, but also tones up the stomach and intestines to relieve the chronic constipation
All these things will increase the bulk of your stool,Will soften it and will clear your ileum of the compacted faecal material.
-While sitting on the toilet, support the feet on a small stool in order to achieve a normal position that aids in bowel movement.

Take Fybogel husk-Fybogel sachets and Fybogel Hi-Fibre sachets both contain the active ingredient ispaghula husk, which is a type of medicine called a bulk-forming laxative. Ispaghula is a type of fibre. It swells when it comes into contact with fluid in the gut and thus increases the volume of the faeces.It increases the bulk in your stool, an effect that helps to cause movement of the intestines. It also works by increasing the amount of water in the stool, making the stool softer and easier to pass. Psyllium, one type of bulk-forming laxative.

Increase water intake to 2-3 litres per day.

Hope i was helpful.
Thanks!

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for pain in the anus cause by constipation 3 hours later
Thank you so much doctor. I will go as per your suggestion.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Warm regards!

Detailed Answer:
Warm Regards!