Suggest remedies for neck pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, a few weeks ago I had bad neck pain (I thought from sitting badly at my PC, I am a translator so I spend a lot of time in front of one), went to see an osteopath and the next day my supraclavicular node was swollen. I went to see my GP who sent me for blood test, negative. I now have dizziness, not particularly severe at all, just there - more of a swaying. I have not lost any weight, I am not particularly tired and have no other symptoms. I cycle a bit, and don't feel unwell afterwards.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be cervical spondylosis with postural neck pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your symptoms and in my opinion you are suffering from postural neck pain , probably with mild cervical spondylosis.
I would suggest pain killers and Muscle strengthening neck exercises( to be taught by a physiotherapist) and postural correction while working. Dizziness can be controlled by exercises.
X Ray and physical therapy are required if your symptom don't get relieved in 7-10 days.
Thanks for the question . Please feel free to ask any other question.

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for neck pain 1 hour later
Thank you so much, it makes a lot of sense although I will definitely be going to see my GP in the next few days to confirm. I was worried that I had lymphoma or something much worse - hopefully your suggestion will be confirmed. I will let you know.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanx

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks .