Suggest proper diet and method to feed a fussy baby

Question
Hi may baby girl is 8 month old and not eating well. every time we forcefully we feeding her but after that she vomiting.even milk also she not drinking properly. she is unhealty her weight is 6.5 KG and not that much active also. always crying and not sleeping also. Please Help
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Forceful feeding should be discouraged always. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking query on health care magic. Babies are usually fussy at feeding. We should take more time and feed the stuff which they like with tender loving care. Do not insist on feeding which you feel good for the baby If the feeding is regularly followed by vomiting you may give domstal 10 drops 3 times daily. If the feeding is not sufficient , naturally they cry always, sleep less and do not put up weight. Try feed feed repeatedly and small quantity without force. Do not give diluted milk or milk formula. This is the time to add cereals and semisolid foods. After trying all these methods and still the baby does not feed well and looks sickly better consult a pediatrician to rule out any underlying specific cause. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask any more queries if required. Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD; DCH. Associate professor of pediatrics, MIMS.

Follow-up: Suggest proper diet and method to feed a fussy baby 51 minutes later
Suggest food which she like to eat and which I can make before leaving for office and my mother can feed her.even which fruits and vegetables good for her.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Smashed ripe banana, XXXXXXX juice, etc., Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your follow up question. You may prepare smashed ripe banana, XXXXXXX juice freshly prepared and grueled cooked rice with curd and sugar. Put some Horlicks biscuits in a cup of milk and feed him with a spoon. you may also give broken rice or Suji porridge with added sugar. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask more queries if needed. Wish your daughter a good feeding experience. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.

Follow-up: Suggest proper diet and method to feed a fussy baby 48 hours later
As you suggested me food for my baby that also I tried but still she not eating. Pls give any medicine for increase her hunger or any vitamins syrup to make her healthy.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may use cyp-L as well as Liv fit syrup twice Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking follow up query on XXXXXXX Follow the dietary advice as suggested. Give Cyp-L twice daily. Give Livfit syrup twice daily after food. These medicines are meant for increasing the appetite. You may give Ostocalcium B12 syrup daily once for health. Also give an interval of 3 hours between two feeds. He this answer will serve your purpose. I shall be happy to answer any more queries. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.