Suggest medication for itching and irritation between legs

I am having itching and irritation in the area between my legs. Suggest some medicine or ways to heal the same. It is very irritable when I walk.Do I need to wash it with warm water or apply any cream in that area ? Please suggest.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Intertrigo antifugal powder will work. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.It seems you are having intertrigo.It occurs due to friction.This leads to irritation of skin leading to fungal and bacterial infection. Avoid using tight clothes.Use loose cotton undergarments.It is important to keep area dry.Antifungal powder like mycoderm at day time will help.Use it regularly even if there is no itching.Using this powder just after a bath will work better.At night time you can apply cream like candid b.Use it only when there is severe itching. Washing with warm water can lead to irritation. Hope this will help you.Take care.