Suggest diet to increase weight in a premature 14 months baby?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, Good evening. My son, 1 year 2 month old, his weight is not increasing from last two month.Still he is 750Kg approx. He is a premature baby & birth weight was 1.9 Kg. We used to feed him all home made food like rice,roti, dal, vegetables & fruits as well. Please suggest. Sorry for incorrect details. Current weight is 7.5Kg approx XXXX
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Follow-up: Suggest diet to increase weight in a premature 14 months baby? 1 minute later
Sorry for incorrect details. Current weight is 7.5Kg approx

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Weight of baby triples its birth weight by 1 year of age. So there is nothing to worry. I suggest you to continue giving him balanced diet having cereals,pulses,vegetables,fruit,milk and milk products. Add butter or ghee to hia meals. Give him soaked almonds. Watch his activity and in case he is active there is nothing to worry. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..

Follow-up: Suggest diet to increase weight in a premature 14 months baby? 11 minutes later
Thanks doc. He is active in all aspect, there is no space of weakness in him. We give him butter often & boiled egg ( not regular). Can he digest almond in his age? One more query, that his teath is not came out yet. I have done the vitamin C test as sugegsted by local doctor, & the report was normal. What to do next? XXXX

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. This is very good that he is active. You can give egg 3 times a week and half tsf of butter can be given daily. Soaked almonds 2 to 3 can be crushed and mix paste with milk. Regarding eruption of teeth there is nothing to worry sometimes they erup late. Continue with nutritious diet. I suggest you to give calcium supplement after consulting your doctor. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further. Take care...