Suggest contraception without any side effects

Question
What is the best way of contraception (apart from condoms) without any side effects?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: tubal ligation or sterilization Detailed Answer: Hello, Since you already have 2 male children, you can think about getting tubal ligation or sterilization procedure done. It is safe with least side effects. Other alternative for you would be progesterone only pills or implants. One other option commonly used in India is Copper-T. You may try this as well. Let me know about other queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Suggest contraception without any side effects 31 minutes later
Hello Dr. Shanthi, Thanks for your valuable advise. My age is just 21 and I have heard that if I get tubal ligation done before I am 30, it will lead to adverse health effects. And regarding Copper-T, once of my cousin got it inserted and had a very severe vaginal infection due to the same. so I am not sure if that is safe. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: no adverse effects as such Detailed Answer: Hello, There are no adverse health effects of tubal ligation as such. In fact, it does not come in the way of your age. If you have completed your family and are sure of not having babies in future, you can very well go ahead with the tubal ligation. No harm in it. It is not necessary that all women using copper T have severe vaginal infection. Copper T is one of the most common methods of contraception used by women in India, and most preferred as well. If you do not want either of this, you can use progesterone only pills or implant. The choice is yours. Regards,

Follow-up: Suggest contraception without any side effects 1 hour later
What do you mean by implant? can you please elobrate the oros n cons please? also some more detail on tubal ligation please...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: implanon Detailed Answer: Hello, Implant is a subdermally inserted device on the arm that releases the progesterone hormone regularly. Implanon is an example. You can read the detail of it in this link: WWW.WWWW.WW Tubal ligation is a permanent method of sterilization. As you know, the fallopian tubes are ligated and cut on both sides. This prevents fertilization from occurring permanently. The procedure can also be reversed, if required. Although it is termed as permanent method. Hope this helps.