Suggest best treatment for vitilgo?

I am vitilgo Patient so I wanna go for the any immediate cuable treatment. can u suggest me on this.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I am sorry to say that vitiligo is considered incurable. Treatments are usually aimed at camouflaging the borders between the light and dark areas. Sunscreens protect the skin from sunburns and also limit tanning. Chose a sunscreen from SPF > 30. Opaque sunscreen should be more effective. Cosmetic coverage is also a good choice in routine life. Repigmentation of light areas can be tried with medicines like steroids, topical 8-methoxypsoralen, UVA. Systemic photochemotherapy is employed in severe cases and includes use of oral PUVA. These medicines need to be employed under the guidance of experienced doctors. Depigmentation of dark areas is tried if the above mentioned treatment has failed. It includes bleaching with monobenzylether of hydroquinone 20% cream is a permanent irreversible process. Ayurvedic medicines have also been used for the condition, but have showed mixed results. Sometimes even worsening of vitiligo patches may be seen. I have listed some treatment options that patients try for this condition. Hope it helps Dr Vaishalee