Suggest balanced nutritious meal for a baby

Pediatrician, Neonatology
my baby is one year old. i want my baby to have balanced nutritious meals every day.uptill now, his health is nice. but as he is growing day by day, his body needs are increasing. i feed him milk and one chapati grinded together every alternate day. somedays i feed him sheera, daal palak once a week. in fruits i give him madhed banana, XXXXXXX milkshake and orranges. and rest he has plain milk whole day. he dtinks only half liter milk every day. which i think is very less. i dont breast feed him as he doesnot like my milk. my question is, 1) am i lacking somewhere in giving him good food? if yes, please tell me what all should i give him? 2) what should his daily milk intake be, according to his age? 3) what powder can i add to his milk for more nutrition?.... can i add bornvita? please help. thankyou very much. e
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Parenting
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 hours later
Brief Answer: listed Detailed Answer: Hi, For your 1 year old child, You can give he following other than what you give. Dhal mixed with rice and little butter one a day. XXXXXXX and banana once a day are good. You can give egg white everyday start with an small quantity to look for allergy. Egg yolk twice a week. Vegetable soup once a day alternating with mashed vegetables. Raging if available in your place can bed given twice a week. Bournvita is only for flavour - plain milk is good enough. Naturally when you give solids the intake of milk will reduce Half a litre or so is OK when you give the above. You did not mention birth weight and present weight to assess whether he needs more! Good luck Dr Uma