Suggest an alternative of Duloxetine

My new insurance doesn't cover duloxetine XXXXXXX Need suggestion for another drug. Generic?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: The medication that you mentioned is called Cymbalta. I am assuming that you are using it to treat depression and/or anxiety. Please correct me if I am wrong. The typical covered generics used to treat this condition include some of the older class of drugs called SSRI's. They all work similarly to Cymbalta. One that you can talk with your doctor about that is almost certainly a generic and not expensive includes Fluoxetine. Usual starting dose is 20mg per day. I hope that this helps and good luck!