Suggest a site where I can learn how to perform a breast self-examination

I know there are many but can you suggest a site where I MIGHT LEARN TO DO BREAST SELF EXAMINATIONS. I do feel around but am not comfortable doing it without some instruction. Because my breasts are full I keep thinking I might be missing out on a problem.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

It is good that you aware about its importance. There are no special efforts or art is required, you can surely do it your self after reading this.

There are some good website which can help:
There are couple of good and authenticate websites.

In general I would like to suggest some tips:

1. You can easily do it.
2. Do it after your periods are complete.
3. First by looking in the mirror look for any obvious change in surface, shape or color.
4. Do it in front of mirror. Start with one breast and use your palm to feel the areas of breast one by one. Then repeat the same procedure with your fingers. This way you will not miss anything.
5. Repeat this on the other side.
6. Do it in standing and repeat the same in lying down.

I hope this helps.