Sugges treatment for leg swelling after an injury

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i had a bicyle fall and now one leg is slightly swollen and yellow in color.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Might be soft tissue injury or fracture. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It might be soft tissue injury or fracture. Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance. In the interim,apply ice packs to the affected area,anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care