Sugar levels are fasting: 95, pp: 114 and HbA1c: 6.10. Suggest

My sugar levels are mentioned below (tests done today) fasting: 95 pp: 114 HbA1c: 6.10 2 months back report details are ( fasting: 89, pp: 120) 3 months back the problem was diagnosed with sugar as high as fasting : 254 and PP: 320 suggest way forward
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Good control of blood suagr. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. At the outset I would like to congratulate for good control of your blood sugar. You have all your blood sugar value well under control. HbA1c between 6 to 7 % is indicative of good blood sugar control over a period of three month. This well help you to slow the progress of diabetic related complication and lead a good quality life. My advice for your is to continue lifestyle modifications like diet and exercise. Maintain healthy body weight. Continue taking metformin. Monitor your blood sugars and HbA1c every three month. FBS below 110 mg/dl, PPBS below 160 mg/dl and HbA1c between 6 to 7 %. Keep regular appointment with your doctor and screen for retinopathy and cardiopathy once in a year. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any query. Regards.