Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering with teeth sensitivity, especially with cold beverages and lemons. Cannot eat solid foods. suggest?

Good evening doctor
This is XXXXXX...I have been suffering with my teeth (sensitivity) for the past several years. Till last year if I eat lemon or if I drink cold beverages, i had a problem, but for the past two months it became severe...I am not able to eat any hard things, I am getting pain.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to ask you whether you have sensitivity in a single tooth or all teeth?
If its localized to 1 or 2 teeth then it might be a case of irreversible pulpitis that means tooth decay has progressed till pulp & it requires root canal treatment.

In case it is generalized & you experience sensitivity in all teeth then I would suggest that you use Sensodent-KF toothpaste twice a day & leave it on teeth for 5 minutes before rinsing with water.

If problem still persists then you may go for capping or veneering of teeth.

For getting proper treatment plan you need to go for complete dental check-up by your dentist.

Hope I answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra
Follow-up: Suffering with teeth sensitivity, especially with cold beverages and lemons. Cannot eat solid foods. suggest? 26 minutes later
Thank you doctor for knee-jerk reply.

Doctor, can you send your address so that I will come for consultation.

Once again, thank you so much, doctor.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 11 minutes later
You are most welcome.

If you have any problem in future,you can consult me on same website.