Suffering with degenerative disk disease in neck. Having pain around waist. What would be the cause?

I am an 72 female w/degenerative disk disease in neck and spine. I am very active hope to remain so,
In the last couple of weeks, I have been having pain to the touch around my left waist and do not know
where it may be coming from. My gastereologist said it may be nerve from my spine coming around
from my back. I have an Orthopaedic dr. from Duke and want to make sure I am going to the right dr.
My gastereologist said for me to come back & they would do a CT scan. Should I schedule ortho.
or go back to my gastereologist?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think the right to do is to consult your orthopedic surgeon first for reevaluation. The problem would most likely be originating an irritation of a spinal nerve.

His opinion is a priority especially in this case.

Thanks and best regards as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Thanks for using XXXXXXX and best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.