Suffering from weakness, tingling and burning sensation in leg and back. What is going on?

Jul 2012

Hi doctor,

I am a 25 years old male. Its been weeks now I have been suffering from
1-weakness and tingling in left leg only which can be very irritating(feels like my foot is contained and heavy)
2-weakness and little pain in upper left shoulder.
3-pain/burning sensation and tingling in Back part of the left shoulder near to my back(intensified pecialy after meals).
Further, all the above symptoms are combined sometimes with imbalance while walking (feel like floating sensation) along with blurry vision (specialy towards light) with the feeling of heavy eyes and lack of focus.
But it comes and goes. I am more concerned about the waekness in the left part of my body.

I smoke around 1 pack a day and rarely drink alcohol. My posture is in general not ideal and my sleeping habits are not excellent as well.
I just wanted to correct something.
Its my left foot which feels weak amd tingling(not leg)
Thanks for your support
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Asalaam Ale qum! I hear you.
I dont mean to scare you but given your history of smoking & the fact that nowadays, TIA (transient ischaemic attacks) are commonplace in youngsters, please go across to the nearest large hospital in your area & get an MRI scan done & /or visit a neurologist as soon as you can.
It is always better to err on the side of caution.
Have your best interests' at heart. Take care & GodSpeed!
Do let me know what happens & wish you continued good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Suffering from weakness, tingling and burning sensation in leg and back. What is going on? 9 hours later
Dear doctor

Thanks for your reply

Do you really think its that bad as TIA?

I dont have trouble moving arms nor speech. Its just that sometimes while walking i feel like floating amd blurred vision while walking or sometimes driving And it goes after hours. But the left foot feeling is always almosts ther
e. And also there is no headache during the above symptoms.
Keep in mind i have constant gas and burping during all day.
What kind of test do you exactly recommend?
If you say now, the headache is not there during other symptoms & there is associated gas issues & burping, then it puts a different spin on things.
Stress then seems an issue.
Then TIA seems remote.
However, online we can at best speculate & give you pointers'.
I was playing the devil's advocate & hence sugested an MRI.
if the weakness et al persisits, please do an MRI.
A neurologist & gastroenterologist are two doctors' that you need to see to sort yourself out....& if these two give you the all-clear, then a clinical psychologist is probably the order of the day!
Wish you good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD