Suffering from tight stools. Having gasteritis with diaahorea. Diagnosed gastric and prescribed cyclopam. Suggest medications?

hi doctor,
This is XXXXXXX from bangalore,actually the current problem wat i facing is tight stools,how do i get rid of this
last week i had pizza, because of which i developed gasteritis with diaahorea and bloat tummy, tight stomach, so consulted a gastroenterologist,he diagonsed it as gastric and gave cyclopam, pantacid,VSL#3,loperanide[low dosage],my diahorrea stopped and gasteric prob got cleared. but now i have developed tight stool,it is happening once in two days, never faced such prob ever. Can u please suggest on medication and food intake for this

regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

What you are having is fairly common and happens to many. Most of the time after G.I.infection due to antibiotics and anti motility drugs that are given, this problem happens.

This drug disturbs the function of intestine and lead to this.

Please do following which should help.

>Take light diet.
>Take more liquids, juices etc are better
>Take curd, butter milk etc which are good in such conditions
>Avoid maize products like biscuits, bread etc.
>Take regular diet on regular intervals.
>Take vegetable soups, diet XXXXXXX in fibers which should help.

I hope this helps.