Suffering from stomach pain and nausea. Guide

General Surgeon
still suffering tummy pains,now nausea going into 5th week. Saw surgeon today regarding ????may be adhesions,told .will do nothing continue on pain killers come again in 2 months,Bowels seem to be working,passing wind, stomach is getting bigger,can only eat small amounts.mid drift area and stomach feeling really extended. Am over this i have to suffer for longer period. Advice pls, finding working difficult.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon. I understood the difficulty that you have. Let my information help you in finding the solution.
1) I would like to know about your food habits. Do you frequently eat from outside specially fast foods ?
2) Also you have mentioned about adhesions. Does it mean that you had undergone any abdominal surgery previously? Though you had written in the history it is not very clear hence confirming it.
If first one is true, then I would like to advise you to go for liver function test to exclude any chance of Hepatitis.
If the second one is true, then may be you are having a sub acute kind of intestinal obstruction due to some post operative adhesions. If you are passing gases and stool normally, then a period of observation is warranted before deciding on any active surgical intervention for unrelenting and persisting problem.
Also you can try some antacid, and a proton pump inhibitor , with an anti emetic for a short period. An ultrasound of abdomen may be of help in adding to the diagnosis. Your doctor would know about these.
Hope I have answered your queries. If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. Wishing you an early recovery.