Suffering from sore feet. What should I do to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
helpI have been suffering from really sore feet for past 2 months and feels like I am walking on my bones I get abnormal nursing in different spots
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later

Sore feet mostly occurs due to a muscle strain or positional anomaly or flat feet.
A direct examination will help in proper diagnosis. To help decrease your symptoms, you can start taking tylenol double strength twice daily after meals. Improvising your body posture and doing light exercises like aerobics will help in maintaining the muscle tone.
Pay careful attention to selecting the correct running shoe based upon the foot type (flexible pronator vs. rigid supinator). This is extremely important. In selected cases, shoe inserts (orthotics) may be necessary. The shoe inserts often permit patients to continue their routine activities.
You may need few physiotherapy sessions along with prescription Cut back on activities that make your foot hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.
•Do toe stretches , calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.
•Get a new pair of shoes. Pick shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Or try heel cups or shoe inserts (orthotics ). Use them in both shoes, even if only one foot hurts.

Hope this information helps you.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.