Suffering from severe headache from the eye to the top molars. Reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a horrible headache above my right eye and down into my top molars. This is the second.d time this week. I have never had this pain before. What could it be? My nose isn't congested so I am figuring it isn't sinus. I am 28.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
A severe headache on one side of the face from eye till top molars could possibly be due to primary headache like migraine or a tension headache. It could also be due to sinusitis which is not necessarily associated with a congested nose initially. Other causes include eye strain, anxiety or tension.

You can have over the counter analgesics like Tab. Aspirin 325 mg four times a day with food and steam inhalation for symptomatic relief.

However, if you the symptoms do not get better, I would suggest that you consult your treating physician who will be able to evaluate you and prescribe appropriate therapy.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.