Suffering from severe headache and dizziness. Having high cholesterol. What are the test that I should undergo?

Apr 2014

Hello doctor, My husband is 36 years old and working for a private concern. He is almost always stressed about his work and family.. Getting anger all the time. But now a days he is getting severe head ache and 2 or 3 times got dizziness in the morning when he got up from bed. I am worried. Pls suggest me a specialist and what should be the reason what all are the test we should undergo. He is not diabetic. Normal bp. Having high cholesterol. Pls help me.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably he is suffering from tension headache. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX He need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads, Further investigations can be done if needed. As already mentioned about high cholesterol, he needs complete Lipid profile. He need drugs for dyslipidemia as high cholesterol and other lipids have multi systemic effects. His main problem is headache and dizziness. It seems from history that he is suffering from tension headache. Other causes like refractive error etc should also be excluded. Your husband needs some relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Effects of these techniques are far more than any medicines. No doubt, his anger level will come down. He can start by joining yoga or meditation classes. You have to convince about these things and give time for yoga and meditation and once he starts ,he can see the difference. You should also understand his problem and try to make harmonious environment in home. He may also seek help from neurologist/psychiatrist. They can also council well.Investigation like CT Scan of brain can be done if needed. In acute attack of headache, tablet paracetamol 500 mg SOS can be given. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX