Suffering from severe diarrhea, vomiting, back pain, leg pain and loss of appetite. Any treatment?

Hi... My mom is having a lot of diarrhea, vomiting, back, and leg pain. She has been sick with a bad cold/flu. Also, she hasn't really had that much of an appetite. She cannot lie or sit down as it is uncomfortable for her. She mentioned not being able to kneel down by the toilet to vomit because it caused too much pain.
Please help.
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There is grading of diarrhoea according to its effect like mild, moderate and severe.
It looks that your mother is suffering from severe diarrhoea. It is associated with significant loss of water from body associated with minerals loss like sodium, potassium and glucose.
All symptoms are related to this process. Leg pain is predominantly due to loss of sodium. I will suggest please consult your physician as soon as possible. She may need indoor admission and intravenous fluids depending on clinical examination.
Meanwhile start drinking ORS solution with probiotic for maintenance of hydration level as much as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Suffering from severe diarrhea, vomiting, back pain, leg pain and loss of appetite. Any treatment? 17 hours later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hope you are satisfied with my response.
If you want any help in future feel free to ask any time.