Suffering from runny nose. Noticed red spots on fingers. Is it contagious?

Jul 2012

Cold symptoms (running nose) yesterday.
Feel like I have beaten it today (very very little running nose).
Red spots started yesterday on a few fingers, and still remain with slightly more. Treatment?
Is it contagious. Or, rather will my son get spots by touching him?
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 28 minutes later
It appears you have a viral infection that triggered your spotty issue.
It may well be Hand, Foot, Mouth disease in early evolution or just another viral infection.
It is difficult to comment online but Yes in either case, more likely to be contagious is the not so good news; good news is usually these are contagious in the prodromal phase ie when the running nose et al begins as they are more droplet spread than direct contact!
So chill...all good. Doubt touching will facilitate things..cheers & hope you enjoy continued good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD