Suffering from red spot on already reddened whites eye after taking moxezafierce. Side effects?

my 14 year old daughter was prescribed moxeza yesterday am. after the first dose she developed a fierce red spot on the already reddened whites of her right eye. her eyes are less itchy now, but both whites still look terrible- very red. when will we see a cosmetic releif to the pinkeye doing the moxeza 2x a day?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Moxeza is an antibiotic eye drop. It will help in taking care of the infection in her eyes. The redness and congestion will take 2-3 days to subside.
She will need to avoid touching her eye with bare hand or finger. She may apply warm compress on the closed eye for relief from the soreness.
She can gently use a clean cloth dipped in XXXXXXX warm water and gently clean any secretions, if they should develop which will also add to relief.
For an early clearing of the eye, you can get a topical decongestant prescribed from her ophthalmologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.