Suffering from red and painful pimples around legs and genitals. Suggest?

it is for my wife, she is suffering from pimples around legs and private body parts
it is showing red outside and when touched it is painful
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try 2% bactroban ointment...

Detailed Answer:

Presence of painful and red pimple like lesions suggest infected lesions. This should be treated with topical antibiotic. I suggest 2% bactroban ointment to be applied on these lesions twice a day.

In addition maintain proper personal hygeine and advice not to pick or pop these lesion.

This should be sufficient. If problems recur, it is advisable to start acne treatments under guidance of your doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suffering from red and painful pimples around legs and genitals. Suggest? 7 hours later
is it advisable to use onitment in private parts.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can be applied...

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it is safe.

Do check for allergies by applying a thin layer on small sample area of skin before you use it regularly.

Hope this helps.