Suffering from pain in chest, armpit and uneasy sensation in hand. Any cure?

Hello sir,

From last few months, I am suffering from a mild pain at upper-right part of left chest.
Even sometimes I do get some pain in my left arm-pit and feels uneasy in my left hand.
Sometimes I do have tensions due to work-load at office. From last month, I am relaxed from my office works. But I do still observe this pain.
Kindly answer to my query.

Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 11 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are young / the problem is mild / duration is long / no complications / not leading to other problems – all suggest the problem is not likely to be something serious at all.
Tension can be responsible – but obviously is not the reason, as the symptoms continue after the situation and anxiety have gone.

Pain in the armpit demands examination of the armpit and BREAST. There is an axillary tail of the breast and the lymphatics of the breast go to the armpit. A general surgical specialist can examine and evaluate easily. That is the first step.

Pain at upper-right part of left chest is likely to be from muscle spasm. Pectoralis muscles have their origin there. Also, the junction of front end of ribs and cartilages are there – they some time get affected, causing pain – costo chondritis.

Heart pain is very unlikely from your description – it is oppressive, comes on effort, relieved by rest, associated with sweating, lasts a few minutes and so on...

I feel, probably, bad posture at work / sleep could causing muscle strain, spasm and pain.
It is better to have it worked out – Have an ECG / X-ray Chest / Basic laboratory tests like blood count sedimentation rate, glucose, and urea.

In the meantime and for a short time, try NSAID (celecoxib or Ibuprofen. They will relieve.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck