Suffering from neck and throat pressure. Have Scoliosis. Experiencing pain. What should I do?

Excellent

Dentist
Question
Three weeks ago is when my problems started it started with a lot of neck and throat pressure. Then the pressure would go to my ears and jaw. Sometimes my ears would hurt and have drainage. My sinuses will act time hear and there but go away along with a sore throat. I was beginning to think it may be my wisdom teeth since it seemed like it was my jaw on left side where there are impacted worse. Every now and then I get pains in left side of my neck I got some on the right also but today its the left. Im hoping it could be related to my gallbladder because it needs to come out, I've had many problems with it for years now. The pains are short they come and go. sometimes it seems like my shoulders hurt. Not sure if its related since I also have scoliosis.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 1 hour later
Brief Answer: it could be of dental origin. Detailed Answer: Hello there Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, The above symptoms which you have mentioned can be of dental origin. An impacted wisdom tooth can be present on both right and left side causing you jaw pain which can be referred to neck and ear, throat region. This region is difficult to clean and often invites bacterial infection leading to redness, inflammation abscess formation which can spread to the periapical tissue causing sore throat and other symptoms. You require a complete examination and evaluation by a Dentist and ENT Specialist. Also take an OPG radiograph to confirm the cause. A course of antibiotics and analgesics will be helpful. If there is presence of impacted wisdom tooth plan for its removal consulting to an Oral Surgeon. At home you can go for symptomatic treatment like gargle with lukewarm saline water to give a soothing effect, also take antiseptic mouthwash rinses. Hope you find this information as helpful, For further doubts you can write back to me and i will get back to you. Wishing you a healthy recovery, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.

Follow-up: Suffering from neck and throat pressure. Have Scoliosis. Experiencing pain. What should I do? 9 hours later
Ok I found red dots on my uvula do you think that could be part of the problem

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Welcome back, Infection in the impacted wisdom tooth can sometimes cause sore throat, inflammation and infection of epiglottis, uvula, tonsils. Dont worry, take lukewarm saline rinses, avoid hot acidic foods and consult to a Dentist. Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.

Follow-up: Suffering from neck and throat pressure. Have Scoliosis. Experiencing pain. What should I do? 7 hours later
Ok thanks for helping me.

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 3 hours later
Brief Answer: hi, Detailed Answer: My Pleasure! Take care have a good day! Dr Qazi Ammara.

Follow-up: Suffering from neck and throat pressure. Have Scoliosis. Experiencing pain. What should I do? 29 hours later
I've been trying to send this but it doesn't show it has went through. I'm worried about this small bump on my gum behind my front bottom teeth. Its been there for about four weeks and I can't pop it, it feels hard. in the area its in seems like my gum has nasty stuff in it, if I put pressure on my gum I start to taste it. Do you know what it may be? I don't smoke or anything, do have hormonal changes and I can't really see it if I try to look

Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 4 hours later
Brief Answer: could be an abscess from gingiva or periodontium. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back, Lump in the front tooth could be a gingival or periodontal abscess . Periodontal abscess arises from an infected tooth to confirm this you need to get an x-ray done of the tooth. For this you need to get surgical excision of the lesion and root canal treatment of the infected tooth followed by a course of antibiotics and analgesics. It can also be an gingival abscess due to accumulation of bacterial plague and calculus deep in the gum pockets. For this a complete mouth scaling and polishing is required. Hope this information helps out, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.