Suffering from muscle twitching and pain in groin area. What is the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I am a 26 yo female. I have lax ligaments throughout my body and was born with congenital hip dysplasia that was treated with a Pavlik harness. Three years ago I was treated for advanced Lyme disease that I probably had untreated for 10 years, and I have most likely developed knee arthritis from that. My knee joints crack and creak, and my left hip is typical I very tight and stiff compared to the right hip which is extremely flexible. My left hip began to hurt last week so I did some yoga stretches to loosen the left hip and sacroiliac and the joints made many very loud cracking and popping sounds and now I am suffering from severe pain in my left hip joint and sacroiliac area. It is hot to the touch. Most movement caused the joint to audibly pop. The sides of my hip are tender if massaged. Over the last three days the pain has increased and advanced into my left groin and labia. The groin area doesn't hurt to the touch but is more of a deep ache. I have been taking hot baths and also using ice on the groin area to temporarily relieve the pain. I am also having a lot of muscle twitching in both of my legs. I am not sure what to do from here, but I will see my GP this week. What does this issue sound like? I am afraid I have a torn labrum.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: There can be hip septic arthritis Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there can be hip septic arthritis as there is raised temperature and pain in your hip. I will advise you to do ultrasound hip and if required MRI hip. There can ligament injury as hip biomechanics is altered. You need to consult orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination. Till time take analgesic and cartilage protecting medication like chondritin sulphate. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.