Suffering from mild stiffness and mild warmth from neck. Was given muscle relaxer. Anything serious?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doctor, I am 25 years old male. For almost a year I am currently suffering from mild stiffness as well as mild warmth from my neck although it has gotten better slowly and gradually.

This does not interfere with my daily live however I feel very uncomfortable.

I have gone to orthopedic doctor twice and they said that this is neck pain and they have given me muscle relaxer which does not help at all.

My question is whether this is something serious? Does this pain become chronic in my body? Should I just wait until this pain goes away by itself?

Thank you very much for your respond.

Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Your symptoms suggestive of neck muscle spasm.

Do not worry, this is not something serious.
You will get rid off this pain, do neck muscle stretching and strengthening exercises to relieve the spasm and stiffness and strengthen the muscle around neck.
Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.