Suffering from migraine. Prescribed clotan, tryptomer and valance tablets. Will these cause infertility?

Hi, I'm 26 years old female. I have been suffering from migraine. My doctor took a CT scan and confirmed that based on symptoms that it is a migraine. He presribed me , "clotan" for pain, tryptomer and valance tablets for a month and added that i shouldn't be pregnant at that time. Will these medicines cause infertility?
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 8 hours later
Thanks for the query

The doctor told you not to get pregnant at time until you are using these medication because these medication have got teratogenic effects on the baby. This means that they can cross placental barrier and cause structural and developmental abnormalities in the fetus. They do not cause any infertility and once you end up with your treatment then you can get pregnant after a month of your treatment ends as upto that time the effects of the drug have finished from your blood and there is no risk of complications to the baby.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask