Suffering from migraine. Cure?

I am suffering from migraine and sometimes pain is just too much. Is there any way to cure this?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern

Migraine generally is not a serious disease of the brain and the good news is that it very rarely can cause complication. It generally improves with time. There is no single tablet that can eradicate migraine. But if you follow certain basics, you will have improvement and will feel better.
During an acute attack: medications that helps are naproxen, indomethacin, ibuprofen, sumatriptan, sumatriptan nasal spray etc.
Medications that helps during the chronic phase are topiramate, valproate,amitryptiline.
Apart from medications, you should identify the stress factor which improves migraine for example watching TV for a long time, working before the computer for a long time, coffee etc. Try to avoid the precipitating factor.
Let me know if you need any additional information
Best wishes
Follow-up: Suffering from migraine. Cure? 19 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I have observed that mostly my pain is reduced after i drink coffee but someone told me not to drink coffee as it may increase migraine in the long run. What do you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 25 hours later
Thanks for the feed back
Generally speking coffee triggres migraine attack and I advise you to avoid. Please follow the advice given above.
Best wishes