Suffering from lumbar spondylysis. Not cured by physiotherapy. What should be done?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have been suffering from lumbar spondylysis since 2010.Underwent physiotherapy for10days but in vain.please help
regards,
XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later

Lumbar spondylosis is a degenerative disorder in which the vertebral bone or intervertebral disc becomes soft and loose shape, because of this spine loses its flexibility.

Most symptomatic cases are resolved with conservative management like physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory drugs.

You have to do regular physiotherapy, only 10 days is not sufficient. So you cannot decide its effectiveness in 10 days.

If the medical treatment and physiotherapy fails and condition is severe, then surgery is required.

So you have to continue back exercises as advised by your orthopaedician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from lumbar spondylysis. Not cured by physiotherapy. What should be done? 4 hours later
I dont want to undergo surgery sir..I was given NUCOXIA and MYORILL tablets.Shall I restart taking those tablets for sometime?
regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query again.

You can take these drugs for muscle relaxation and to control pain for some time or when required.

But do not forget Back exercises daily. It really helps you a lot.

If you have no more query , please accept my answer, rate and give reviews.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from lumbar spondylysis. Not cured by physiotherapy. What should be done? 8 hours later
Thank you so much sir for your kind advice. I just want to know what will be the cost of surgery if I have to to undergo.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing again.

Cost of surgery varies from surgeon to surgeon and hospital to hospital. Also depends upon what procedure your surgeon decides to do after discussing with you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.