Suffering from lower back pain. Unable to sit or sleep. What to do?

Hello Dr,

I have sufferring from lower back pain since almost 2 weeks now. I cant sit nor sleep in any position . Exactly the lower spinal joint. I have started to loose sleep due this.
Hope to hear from you sooon on this.

Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please take analgesics

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. But why do you want to suffer like this? Have you taken any pain killer?

If no, then please take good analgesics like Brufen or tramadol at night for relief of pain. Lie down flat on your bed. Do not use any pillow to support your head.

Do not sit for long hours in same position. Please move around every hour when you are awake.

Also, if the pain is severe, you can get a x-ray of the lower back to look for underlying problem.

Back support in the form of lumbosacral belt of appropriate size would help you too.

Do gentle back exercises like stretching when not in pain.

I wish you get well soon.