Suffering from loose motion with moderate bleeding. Found mild cyst on anus root. Cancerous?

Sep 2012

Dear Doctor.
I would like to know and clarify about an issue happened for my mother in law about 2 months back.
She is being suffering from loose motion with moderate bleeding with the stool at every time and the same continues more than 15 times a day, but she never finds any pain at any portion regarding this issue.

She is being admitted in the hospital for several times and put on observation under the medical supervision for regaining regular body activity.
And took lot test include blood, stool and anus endoscope, everything was normal, but the doctor is suggested as she has got mild cyst on the anus root and also suspected that it could be as cancer, so for the same they used to send the cyst tissue to the lab for testing to identify.
But the result has not come yet and it may take about 4 days to get the result.

Here I deeply requesting you to know very clearly that what cause it could be?
May it be cancer?
Can it be cured or not?
What type of treatment should be needed for this cause?

Thank You

In Regards
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 31 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

In your description the important facts are loose motion and moderate bleeding. These symptoms are indicative of dysentery, any trauma to the gastrointestinal tract, presence of XXXXXXX hemorrhoids, and lastly, cancer.

As you have told, stool examination did not reveal anything, the chance of dysentery has been excluded. In case of trauma, it should have been detected very early.

But, you have told that doctor has found a mild cyst in anal region. This type of cyst could be either benign or malignant. That means it may or may not be cancer. But, in our clinical experience, most commonly this type of cysts are found to be an XXXXXXX hemorrhoids. But, cancer is also a definite possibility because of the duration of the disease, age of the patient and associated diarrhea.

So, it may be a cancer. But the diagnosis depends entirely on the histopathological report of the tissue. So, you have to wait for it.

If it is a cancer then the treatment depends on the stage of the disease and histological type. The prognosis also depends on these parameters.

In case of hemorrhoids, operation should be done. The operation is very small and you do not have to worry for that.

So, the treatment depends entirely on the histopathological report of the tissue that has been excised and sent to laboratory. So, you have to wait. I can understand your concern but, in this condition, nothing can be told without having that report. I think you can understand that.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more questions.