Suffering from head ache and unable to breath. CT scan normal. Any ideas what is going on?

my dad head is paining since last 4 months. doctor said its because of the nose as he is unable to breathe from one nostril. he had a surgery of nose, still he faces some problem in breathing and head pain continues. doctor asked him to get a ct scan done, we did it and that was also normal. ct scan was done 2 weeks back. he stlil had head pains what is the reason for it. when he takes medicine then there is no problem but otherwise he has the same problem
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

Headache needs a lot of description to understand the reason behind it. The details are not given here.

The reasons for headache that your father has are multiple ranging from dehydration to migraine to blocked nose. So it is very difficult to assess the nature of the headache with just a two line explanation. It extremely important to be evaluated by a Headache specialist / Neurologist in your city. It is a sensitive advice now as your father had already undergone CT scan, assessed by a local physician and results were normal. The scope of a specific answer is little at this stage.

I wish to let you know about primary headache where the exact pathology is still not understood like a Tension headache, migraine etc. A Neurologist would be a better expert to classify the type of headache and necessary treatment.

If your father is not able to continue his daily activity when he has a headache episode then I suggest him to take a generous pain killer.

Let me know if I can help you further.
Follow-up: Suffering from head ache and unable to breath. CT scan normal. Any ideas what is going on? 11 minutes later
yes he had a city scan and the reports were normal. i also want to ask as he had a ct scan just two weeks before and the reports were normal i hope the danger of tumor is not there. he didi a ct san just because we want to see that there is no tumor otherwise the doctors were of the view after examining him that that there no tumor for sure but just for a sake the city scan was done. he has been prescribed the following medicine. Lecope-ad, pregabalin and methylcobalamin, nexito 10, tryptomer
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 53 minutes later

CT scan is the preferred test to rule out a tumor. So he came out clear with that. So no need to think of tumor right now.

The treatment right now is good enough a combination of mucolytic, chronic pain relievers, vitamins and antacid.

However if you have not seen a Neurologist you should take an opinion too.

Let me if you have further queries to address, else you may close our discussion and proceed further.