Suffering from gastritis and colitis. Having frequent urination after changing diet. Should I be concerned?

Dec 2012

I have recently changed my diet due to stomach issues. Drinking cabbage juice. My water intake is the same as it has always been. I noticed at night I am having frequent urinations. The urine is clear or almost clear in color. This started happening around the same time I have been drinking the juice. Is there a cause for concern? I have no pain with urination or anything like that. I have recently been diagnosed with gastritis and unspecified colitis. I am drinking the cabbage juice to help with inflammation. I have also been experiencing upper left flank pain this last month and I have an appt to see doctor next week for that.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 10 hours later

Thank you for posting on HCM

From your description it is possible that you are still suffering from the colitis (since it was already diagnosed probably through endoscopy) as per location of your pain. Another possibility is a kidney infection or diseases even though you have an almost clear urine. A urine analysis (+ possibly culture) and a kidney ultrasound/abdominal ultrasound will be needed in order to confirm what type of affection you are having. I will advice to continue the gabbage juice (apparently used as remedy to treat colitis). You will also need to XXXXXXX a gastroenterologist or better still an internist who can do a proper evaluation and place you on appropriate medications. If associated kidney infection, a course of antibiotics will be indicated.

Hope this information will be useful. Write back if you have any more questions.

Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Suffering from gastritis and colitis. Having frequent urination after changing diet. Should I be concerned? 6 hours later

Thank you. Yes I probably need worry meds lol. I am paying too much attention to everything. I did not have those symptoms last night and what I probably gather is that I drunk too much water prior to retiring for the night. Thanks you for your advice!
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Sure, you need to worry less. Just take care of yourself and wish you a quick recovery.

Best regards
Dr Nsah