Suffering from fever. Diagnosed viral fever. Prescribed Dolo650 and Taxim. complains of general weakness and body ache. Suggest?

My daughter 21 yrs, living in hyd is suffering from fever diagnosed as viral fever from mon-19th Aug. on third day, fever shot up to 102. controlled by Dolo650 and Taxim. She complained of general weakness, bodyache, pain in lower legs. In CBP, platelet count has come 1.2 lakhs/, total WBC is 6900cells/ she had around 99 degree fever. No rashes or headache. She is quite normal as of now. But the low platelet count worries me?.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax.Monitor platelet level.Complete treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I appreciate the concern. I went through the history and now you need not to worry about the low platelet count.

It is common to see platelet dropping during viral infections. Platelets naturally gets back to normal with time once the infection is cured. Your daughter is free from all viral symptoms now. It is just matter of time now, the platelet value will get back to normal. Moreover, the value of 1.2 lakhs / cu ml is not bad. It will be back to normal in a weeks time.

For time being, ask her to take plenty of fluids and nutritious diet. Avoid any strenuous work. You can repeat the platelet count after 3 days till see the rising numbers.
Complete the course of antibiotic (Taxim).

I will be little concerned if she develops rashes, high grade fever or any bleeding in oral mucosa/any where. If any of these occurs in next couple of days then get tested for platelet counts again. Other wise no need to worry. She will be in good health.

Hope this answered your query. Follow your treating doctor advice.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wish you good health. Take care.