Suffering from extreme headache and ear pain. Small polyp seen in left maxilarry. Prescribed revelol. Cure?

I am suffering from extreme headache from last 2 weeks. TSH is 10.76, t3 0.92, t4 5.83 normal. small polyp seen in left maxilarry. Had high bp. Doctor prescribed me revelol 50 for bp. ENT prescribed me cefbet cv 50, zyzal. pain went off for 2 days. Now again having headache at leftside(less severe as compared to 2 weeks back), some pain in ears. Please help.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 48 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your headache may be related to hypertension if the ranges have shoot up more than 180 mmHg but if that is not the case then the headache can be very well due to left sided sinusitis.
Polyp formation in the sinus indicates a bad chronic inflammation, polyps cause physical obstruction and lead to accumulation of secretions and infection leading to inflammation and headache.
You should revisit the ENT surgeon and also review with a physician at your locality.
Meanwhile continue the antihypertensive treatment.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Suffering from extreme headache and ear pain. Small polyp seen in left maxilarry. Prescribed revelol. Cure? 2 days later
hi, my bp is normal now. ENT prescribed mr cortimax 6 mg 2 tabs per day, allegra m and pan d in night. having all medicines as prescribed for 2 days. my headache is almost gone, but now suffering from stomoch and muscle pain. some different sensation/taste in teeth. is it any adverse effect. please advise.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The Cortimax can cause gastritis and can cause pain abdomen and so the drug should be taken only after meals.
An antacid drug can be helpful for pain abdomen.
Muscle pain and tiredness can be related to Allegra.
The problems may be due to the lingering infection in the sinus as well.
A clinician in person will be helpful to differentiate the condition.
I hope your query is answered.