Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Feeling numb on penis head and testicle. What is wrong?

erectile problemI'm 43 years old and I'm having erectile issues I sometimes get an erection and when I do it doesn't last long sometimes I get random erections and there's a numbing feeling at the head of my penis and testicles when I ejaculate ti is thick and I get the numbing feeling also
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 31 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Erectile dysfunction ( ED ) is characterized by a persistent and recurring inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. 
Previously it was thought that only psychological issues were responsible for ED but now various physical causes have been discovered like diabetes,hypertension,obesity etc.Although these disorders are mostly found in older men,it is possible that you may have these issues and they must be  ruled out.If no physical cause can be found out thenThe most likely cause for ED in you may be either due to anxiety or some chemical reason like excessive alcohol,smoking,drug abuse etc.
Normally premature ejaculation ( PE ) is associated with ED as in you.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES are the most important causes for ED at young age.
 For many young men, performance anxiety plays a large role in erectile dysfunction. Other factors include money and work problems as well as relationship issues and even issues about sexual orientation. On a more serious level, undiagnosed depression and post-traumatic stress disorder can also cause erectile dysfunction--especially if the PTSD is related to a past sexual experience.
If no physical cause is found then treatment for you lies in regular exercises,quitting of smoking and alcohol,if taking,yoga,meditation XXXXXXX breathing exercises and reduction of weight.
You try these methods for at least 6 to 8 weeks and see the difference yourself however if you feel that you are not getting desired results,you can consult a urologist for the proper investigation and treatment.
Your feeling of numbness may be due to anxiety and it doesn't mean anything.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Feeling numb on penis head and testicle. What is wrong? 4 hours later
is it normal to have numbness when we calculating or even when just having as n erection??
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Such types of sensation may occur in many individuals and should be taken lightly.
Relax and forget it.