Suffering from eczema, feeling irritation and itching. Suggest medication?

i suspect i am suffering from eczema. feeling irritation and itching on whole body from 2 days

it happend to me twice time around 2-3 year before.
actually i live in a hostel so seems due to contact of other people, it may cause.
please suggest any medicine
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later

welcome to health care magic.Thanks for writing here.

Eczema is a chronic condition.It consists of dark itchy patches mainly on hands and legs.It occurs in later part of life.

Sudden appearance of itching and irritation points towards urticaria.

It can be related to number of causes like food allergy,any worm infestation,insect bite allergies,infections etc.

Contact with people without any itching is not a direct cause for itching.

Keep your room clean,watch for any bed bugs etc.Wash properly your bed sheets and other clothes.Avoid eating spicy foods and junk foods.Use a good antibacterial soap .

For itching start taking anti histaminic tablets like levocitrizine one to two times daily.Apply calamine lotion for soothing effect. You can apply a mild steroid like mometasone over affected area.

I hope this can solve your query.In case you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.Take care.