Suffering from constipation, weight loss. History of lipomas. Ultrasound showed normal. Looking for cure

My mother has a slightly heterogeneous mass (17x12x11 located on the RUQ in the ultrasound the head of the pancreases was obscured by bowl gas, however the rest of the pancreas appeared normal. From the ultrasound results it does not appear to be attached to the rt kidney, My question is could it be attached to the head of the pancreases in any way? She has had a 15 lb weight loss and slight pain that is there sometimes but not always when she eats. Other than that no other real symptoms other than constipation. The ultrasound all her other organs appeared normal. She also has a history of Lipomas. Two removed one in the upper arm and one on the rt side of the neck.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Mass of this size and at this age with symptoms needs to be evaluated by CT SCAN with contrast of the abdomen and pelvis. Ultraosund scan is just the first step. Pancreas especially is best evaluated by CT.
Only this will show the site(organ) of origin, exact size and whether it is a simple problem or a complex one.
Kindly XXXXXXX your doc and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
Get well soon, Regards
DR G Srinivasan