Suffering from congestive heart failure. On oxygen masks to get carbon dioxide down. Blood in urine. Any danger to kidney?

my mother is 88 suffering from congestive heart failure. she has been in and out of hospitals 4 times in last 3 months.
now her blood has too much CO2 and they have to put her on oxygen masks to get CO2 down. She now has blood in her urine. are her kidneys failing
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not necessarily failing kidneys

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry about your mother; I read your query with diligence.

I understand that she has excess Co2 in her blood and that she is on oxygen mask to combat the same. Please continue the oxygen mask until her levels come back to normal.

Blood in urine is expected as she has chronic ongoing condition. Is she catheterized? Is there a urinary catheter tubing that is placed in her? If yes, blood in urine is expected.

Please get a urine routine done to check the kidney status.

No, this does not necessarily mean a failing kidney.

I wish your mother recovers quickly.