Suffering from cold, cough and dry throat after angioplasty. Suggest some effective medication

ENT Specialist
6 weeks before my father had gone an angioplasty. After that he is fine now. currently he is suffering from cold, cough and dry thorat. What is the best tablet to take.
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You may safely give him a tablet of levocetrixine 5 mg once a day for 5 days.

2. Steam inhalation will also help decrease the cold , cough and dry throat.

3. Sometimes the cough may be related to anti-hypertensive drugs prescribed after an angioplasty,

4. Confirm the cough syrup and the above medications for any interaction with his existing medication from your cardiologist and take these under the supervision of a physician.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.