Suffering from cervical spondylosis. Have nerve twitching and dry eyes. Will it be cured by ayurvedic treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi Team\Dr.
For past one year i am suffering from cervical spondylosis C2-C3 and disk bulging C3-C4 & L5-S1 and . now i have nerve twitching and dry eyes and dry moth, knee pain too. I am currently am under ayurvedic treatment my doctor told that cervical spondylosis is completely cureable in ayurveda. whether it will come to nromal state after the treatment
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 4 hours later
Hello dear
I have gone through your query. I have seen remarkable results in such cases and your attending doctor is true. The best results are attained if panch karma is also performed. There are procedures called griva vasti and kati vasti in which medicated oil is kept over affected area for 35- 45 minutes daily for 7 to 10 days. This offers speedy cure. I think you should continue your therapy with a strong belief in the treatment and the treating doctor.
As far as pain in knee joint and dry eyes and twitching is concerned This is related to vitiated vaat in body and calls for proper medication to restore balance of vaat. This restoration will also cure your cervical and lumbar ailments.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: Suffering from cervical spondylosis. Have nerve twitching and dry eyes. Will it be cured by ayurvedic treatment? 3 hours later
thank you very much dr. I am happy to hear that i is cureable thru ayurveda.
How much time it will take to restore my body. i know basically it depens upon the body tendency. but there would be some min period rite for that only am asking.

I feel my whole body is dried out its also because of vaat in body ?
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 12 hours later
Hi and welcome back,

Dryness of body is also attributed to vaat. We know that vaat is always in motion and its characteristic feature is dryness. When you move in fast currents of air you feel your skin to be dry, similar effect is noted when vaat is vitiated in body.

The cure of your problem is sure to come but time cannot be stipulated as it varies with state of the disease, selection of medicine, response of body and such other factors. If panch karma is added, I have seen cure coming in 2/3 weeks in some of my patients.

Abide by the advice along with "do and do not’s" as advised you will recover fast.

Wish you perfect health.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul