Suffering from body pain. Informed to take calcium tablets , APCAL-C. Safe to take for long duration without side effects?

My wife is suffering from body pain since last 1mts. He have consult the doctor and they say that its due to bone. They have informed to take calcium tab daily for 1mts.
Rather than purchasing the tablets from medical store we have got the tablets from the government hospital. The name of the tablet is APCAL-C*. Can you please let us know whether its safe to take this tab for 1 mths or is there any other tablet which she can take for long duration without any side effect.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Yes, she can go ahead and take APCAL-C itself. It is also a good brand of calcium supplement. Also with calcium supplements except some mild gastric disturbance there would be no side effects.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.