Suffering from back pain. How to get relief from this pain?

I am suffering from back pain from last one week. Can you please help me to reduce my back pain ? This is the first time I am facing this problem in my life. I don't know anything about what are the reasons behind back pain and how to get relief from the pain and how to get my normal life. Please give me your advice for perminantly get relived from back pain.Please send any information to my mail if you have. It would be a great help.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
A back muscle strain or ligament strain is one of the most common causes of acute lower back pain. Lifting a heavy object, twisting, or a sudden movement can cause muscles or ligaments stretch or develop microscopic tears.
With a lower back strain, the severity of the pain ranges from mild discomfort to severe, disabling pain, depending on the extent of strain and the lower back muscle spasms that result from the injury. Back strains often heal on their own with the help of some combination of rest, ice and/or heat application and anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
If however you don't get relief or the pain worsens or it starts radiating down your buttocks and legs,you must consult a doctor for the treatment.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck