Suffering from anxiety and depression. Feeling numbness in feet, tickling sensation in the head. Prescribed with stalopam. Varied blood pressure readings

my blood pressure reading vary often due to depression and tension in my personal life and due to which i feel numness in my feetand tikling sensation in my head,my doctor said i suffer from anxiety disorder and precribed me stalopam 10 mg,after taking the tablets all the symtons were gone and i was fine for the next 2 months ,however i am having the same symstoms again.Whar do i do ?
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Anxiety is a normal human emotion that everyone experiences at times. Many people feel anxious, or nervous, when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision. Anxiety disorders, however, are different. They can cause such distress that it interferes with a person's ability to lead a normal life.

An anxiety disorder is a serious mental illness. For people with anxiety disorders, worry and fear are constant and overwhelming, and can be crippling.

If you think that your problem is severe,you may have to resort to anti anxiety drug again however other methods should also be used so that a long term solution can be found.these methods are
Psychotherapy : Psychotherapy (a type of counseling) addresses the emotional response to mental illness. It is a process in which trained mental health professionals help people by talking through strategies for understanding and dealing with their disorder.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy: People suffering from anxiety disorders often participate in this type of psychotherapy in which the person learns to recognize and change thought patterns and behaviors that lead to troublesome feelings.
Relaxation therapy
Dietary  changes like Stop or reduce consumption of products that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola,energy drinks,chocolates,alcohol,smoking and avoiding use of recreational drugs.
life style changes like regular exercises and yoga.
Once your anxiety attacks are taken care of,your blood pressure and other symptoms will settle.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.