Suffering from anxiety. Chances of contract HIV from saliva?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I suffer from anxiety and am concerned that I may have contracted HIV as I stepped in spit. Can you contract HIV from this?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Not at all. First of all, Saliva is not infectious as the viral content is very very low to make an infection. Human saliva contains an enzyme called as Lyzozyme. It is inimical to the HIV. Moreover even the oral sex contact itself is very low or remote. But saliva infecting through the skin of foot (which is very very thicker than the genital mucosa) is not at all possible even if there is a sore over the foot.
So you need not worry about this. If you are not able to overcome your anxiety in spite of my information, you can go boldly for HIV test. After seeing your negative result you will be able to get yourself ease.

Relax and cool yourself.

Dr S.Murugan