Suffering from acne, advised isotroin. After completion of course acne started reappearing. Suggest?

i am 27 years old,70 kgs.i have been suffering from acne since last three years, its been on and off. visited a doctor,. she advised isotroin 20 mg . thar provided relief but on completion of course acne started reappearing after a month. pls advice a permanent solution.
also i m involved in sports activities a lot,cud that be a cause for acne??
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clean skin, sunscreen will help.

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understand your concern.

1. Permanent solution.
Acne is due to hyperactivity and blockage of sebaceous glands. There is no permanent sulution for it but can be prevented or treated by following few steps
A. You can use salicylic acid based face wash like Neutrogena pore cleanser
twice a day.
B. For clearing the oil from the oil glands use an alcohol free toner after using the face wash. (like Sebamed toner)
C. Avoid use of moisturizer untill necessary (use only waterbased moistourizer) as it can cause more acne on skin.
D. You can use adapalene benzoyl peroxide gel over acne lesion if present at bed time.

2. Over weight and sports.
It increases in over weight and also in excessive sports activity (Due to increased secretion of sebum).
A. Before going to sports do face wash and use water light SPF 50 sunscreen.
Fash your face after sports with cool water with soft soap.
B. Maintain your BMI in normal range. <25.
These will help you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Follow-up: Suffering from acne, advised isotroin. After completion of course acne started reappearing. Suggest? 11 hours later
i an using a salicylic acis based face wash since last 3 months and my sports activity is generally indoors (squash). are there any food habits which could possibly be a cause for acne??
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
More of fruits and vegetables.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing back.

Good, you can continue the same face wash as explained earlier. Sports, exercises or any activities (Indoor and outdoor) tends to increase the sebaceous secretion. So wash your face after sports.

Diet: Have more of fruits (Lemon juice, water melon, apple) and vegetables. Avoid oily food, chocolates, carbonated drinks, pizza, dairy products and fried food. These will help you.

Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Wish you good health.