Suffering from acne. Looking for effective treatment

I have always had pimples. Even though I am 32 I still suffer from acne..sometimes severe..sometime my skin completely clears up
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kruti 29 minutes later

I can understand your concern. When you have acne usually beyond the age of 26 - 27, its referred to as adult acne. It usually occurs due to hormonal imbalance. Here, the most common cause of hormonal imbalance is Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

You will need to get yourself investigated for it by getting an ultrasound examination of the pelvis and also by getting blood tests done. If the tests indicate that you have PCOS, then you need to treat it with anti androgens under the supervision of an endocrinologist.

For now I recommend you apply Retino A cream at night on full face for 2 hrs. And brevoxyl 4 % cream on the pimples in the morning. Also use a salicylic acid face wash twice a day.

This should help in resolving acne.

Hope my recommendations are useful to you. Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns.