Suffering from acidity and heaviness in stomach. What should be the gap between meal?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Dear Doctor,
I have this severe problem of acidity from quite a few days. In the morning everything is fine when I start my day with a light breakfast. I have a bowl of corn flakes, oats, muesli in the morning around 9 AM. and though I start feeling hungry around 1 but I am only able to take my lunch around 2pm. By late afternoon this problem of heavy stomach starts and by late evening it makes it difficult for me to sit or do anything. Some people say it is due to gaps in meals. If this is so, can you please suggest what should one eat at regular intervals and how much gap is ideal between a meal.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

It would be more helpful if you describe what exactly are your symptoms when you say you are suffering from acidity

Also please describe your bowl habits

And what happens in late afternoon which makes it difficult for you to sit or work

Get back to me with this detail and I will help you out
Follow-up: Suffering from acidity and heaviness in stomach. What should be the gap between meal? 21 minutes later
My stomach feels very heavy in the afternoon due to gastric pressures. I can feel gases some kind of gaseous movement in the stomach. It makes it uneasy to concentrate on work as the stomach does not feels normal. As far as bowel habits are concerned, I travel by metro which gives me an opportunity to walk a little or climb the stairs. Also after lunch in office I do go for a walk outside for about a 20 minutes and then again in evening I travel by bus and metro which includes enough time of walking. After dinner usually there is no bowel movements.

Eating habits:
1. 1 Bowl of cornflakes/muesli/oats in breakfast. 9AM
2. 2 Chapatis with Sabzi. 2.15PM
3. 2 Chapatis n Rice/3 Chapatis in Dinner. 8.45PM
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

The information provided is suggestive of Gastritis and indigestion

I would suggest you take a good Proton pump inhibitor and a probiotic

Avoid spicy, fermented, fried and junk food

If constipated take care of constipation

Hope this helps
Do write back if there are doubts
Get well soon
Follow-up: Suffering from acidity and heaviness in stomach. What should be the gap between meal? 31 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
This will really help.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 minute later
Wishing you a speedy recovery